 General / 5474
Re: Faces of LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:08:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ed Jones writes:
Scott Schurich (whatever happened to him?) used to have a "Faces of RTL" site
at Perdue (it no longer seems to be working). Ever consider doing that for
LUGNET?

I think this would be a great Idea.  I would guess that it would just be Names
and Pictures so we would know who we were talking to.  I know that I have put
rules up for my site when I host model pictures.  I don't allow things like
Ages, Addresses, or anything else to personal.

I would guess that you would have to be careful though because there are
wacko's out there and if you put up a picture of someone under age and then
people went back to lugnet you would see their E-mail and then you have the
potential for a bad situation.  I hate to say it but there are bad people in
this world.

My suggestion would be to have a page for AFOL's only (Adult Fans of Lego).
Although some of our younger fans might find this unfair I think it would be
prudent and in their best interest.

Finally,  I know Todd is busy with all of these great sites so I think maybe
one of the rest of us could do this so Todd doesn't have to maintain yet
another page. That being said I have quite a bit of extra space to work with
(10 - 15meg) and would not mind hosting a page like this as long as it is
AFOL's only and there is enough interest.

So lets see what everyone thinks and if there seems to be some interest people
could start E-mailing me their pictures.

The only thing with me hosting it is there would not be a snazy URL like
"www.lugnet.com/faces".  It would have to go along with my long/non-descriptive
Geocities URL.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598

Eric

Remember to remove the ".jawaspam" when replying by E-mail.