 General / 54342 (-10)
  Re: Snap rivet toy?

(...) It only took five years to find out, but the toy was called Schleich S-Point. For example: (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Q: How to handle commissions?

(...) Charging for the parts is a pretty straight-forward thing. Charging for the time invested is pretty straight-forward as well. Like you said, it's the intangibles that are the hard part. What I have found is that the price of a LEGO work is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Q: How to handle commissions?

I've got to admit being slightly lost & stunned on this one, and would appreciate any advice from people who have done this before. Recently I've had someone ask to commission a copy of one of my models, and i'm trying to figure out how the heck (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would it be a good idea if LEGO made metal axles?

(...) Yes most of the 1970-76 European style gear sets (#800, #801, #802, #810, #811, #812, #813 and #814) had mainly those milky white axles. The metal ones that came in a few of these sets was for use with LEGO motors. Cheers, Gary Istok (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would it be a good idea if LEGO made metal axles?

(...) I think those were just to allow the pre-Technic cog wheels to work on the old motors (4.5 and 12V) which could only turn the round (also metal) axles of the old red LEGO wheels. Later motors had a special bearing for cross axles and worked (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would it be a good idea if LEGO made metal axles?

(...) Well, they did. . . (URL) know nothing about pre-Technic gears, especially European pre-Technic gears, so I don't know if these parts were used as cross axles or, as may be the case, cross axle-to-"freely spinning axle" adapters. (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would it be a good idea if LEGO made metal axles?

(...) I remember Travis Kunce tried it once with one of his amusement park rides, and it seemed to work pretty well: (URL) course, it's just a matter of time before the cogs on your gears or the fittings for the axles become too stressed to handle (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Would it be a good idea if LEGO made metal axles?

Hi folks. I love to build semi-functional scale models of various vehicles out of LEGO. In my never ending effort to make my models look like the real things, I have had to constantly scale up my productions. I am beginning to hit a barrier now, (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Ceramic LEGo items from LEGO Japan information

(...) I would imagine that the "Lego Imports Goldman Morgan" company vanished before Lego was ever aware of them or defensive about their logo. From what I can see, LIGM was around mostly in the 60's or so (though I see one collectors plate from (...) (17 years ago, 10-Dec-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Ceramic LEGo items from LEGO Japan information

(...) Just trying to get to the bottom of a mystery, Jan :) Thanks for the link As we all know, the LEGO logo in current use isn't the one that they started with. As late as '72, the company was using this logo-- (URL) Many years ago I saw a (...) (17 years ago, 10-Dec-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact