 General / 53992
Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:37:23 GMT

A few weeks have passed, but I still wanted to add my deepest condolences to
Eric's friends and family on his passing.

I never knew Eric personally, but was definitely one of his biggest fans.  His
Estuary Stronghold is still one of my all-time favourite creations, and was an
enormous inspiration to me.  That, along with dozens of his other creations.

I will miss his involvement in the Lego community, but his impact on the rest of
us has been, and will continue to be extremely significant for many years to
come.  I'm glad his website is still up and running for the enjoyment of us all.

Finally, for those of us who are male, make sure to inform yourselves about
prostate cancer.  Know the warning signs, and inform yourselves about the pros
and cons of screening for it.  I don't know old Eric was, but if you're 40 years
old or more, you need to give this some attention.

Thanks for everything, Eric.

Robin Sather
LEGO Certified Professional
Brickville DesignWorks