 General / 53654
Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:58:52 GMT

This is very sad and my feelings are with Eric’s wife, family and friends!

I send Eric an email some days a good saying “Gongratulation to the Market Street set”. By this time I didn’t know that he suffered allready that much. He never replied to this email.

His wife send out the sad message two days ago and I was not sure if it would be appropriate to share this online or not.

I have never meet Eric in person but his website was and is one of the best AFOL website out there in the net. His page was one of the first unoffical LEGO website I discovered when I ended my Dark Ages. His models are just inspiring and his ideas like the Articulated Metroliner are perfect. His website had and has big impacts on my LEGO hobby!

I am happy that the Market Street project could be finalised before he passed away and that he had the chance to take part in this project and make it all away down to the box.

TLC, would it be possible if the company could donate a certain amount of the Market Street gains for a social service caring about people or kids with cancer? I would love to see, if 5 $ per set sold could be used to help others suffering such a terrible illness.

LEGO on my mind - Eric on my mind

Holger