 Announcements / 3550

Subject:
Eric Brok has passed away!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:16:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

Gary Istok

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

Gary Istok

A terribly sad day for his family and friends. He will be missed.

Tim

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

Gary Istok

A terribly sad day for his family and friends. He will be missed.

Tim

Truly sad... My heart goes out to his family. I too never met Eric, and
like all of you I was blown away not only by his models but by the way
he presented them on his web site. He has clearly left his mark by
touching the lives of many people in this virtual community. I can only
imagine the impact that he had on the people around him.

Sincerely,
Chris

--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease
http://www.oif.org/

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

Oh wow - I'm very shocked and sorry to hear this news.  I remember poring over
his website when I was in university and he was a huge source of inspiration for
many.  He will be missed!

Regards,
-Bryan

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

Awful, indeed. Eric was a great friend, builder, and all around stellar person.
This is truly sad news.

He'll be missed, but certainly not forgotten.

Jake

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

Thats terrible.
    I only discovered his site a few weeks ago, and just 10 minutes ago I was
giggling at his walking minifigs renderings. I didn't know him, but if Lego on
My Mind and Market Street are any indication, he has contributed much to this
hobby.
Send up a prayer for his family.

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!
In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands,
the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!!

This is just awful news!

Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family.

His website:
http://www.ericbrok.com/

It is always sad when a member of our community passes on.  Eric and his work
will be missed by many of us.  My thoughts go to his family.

Take care,
-Hendo

Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!