 General / 53847 (-10)
  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

Then we'd definitely need source code to make modifications. (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LDD goes Technic

(...) From the (URL) web site... "We are currently experiencing problems with the automatic update of LDD for Mac users. You can download a Mac installer here: " (URL) downloading it as I type. Chris (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) Hmm. If Brickshelf was attracting plenty of money through advertising, why would its owner close it down? Unless we think Kevin is joining a monastery and devoting himself to a life of poverty, that's not rational behaviour. If Bricklink was (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

Why doesn't TLG run a gallery for AFOLs? Yes, there's a (URL) sort of gallery> on LEGO.com, but it's an unbrowsable mess filled with 10-year-olds posting images they stole from Ed Boxer. Have any of the Ambassadors discussed this with the company? I (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

Chris I completely agree with your response and I just want to add my support & appreciation toward Kevin and all his wonderful work. I am very surprised to see Brickshelf down and I would love to help in any way I can, which isnt a whole lot =( But (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

(...) Brickshelf is not in Perl. It is in C. Jennifer Boger www.Peeron.com (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

(...) Ditto. I'm a Perl guy, and I believe the existing Brickshelf code is written in Perl. I'd love to see the code be released as an open source project (unlikely if Kevin intends to continue with maj.com but I can always hope), and would be happy (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Another thing about Flickr - you can get the Flickr Uploadr program (for Mac or Windows) to do drag-n-drop uploading of images. It's sooooo much easier than creating a zip file or uploading one file at a time on Brickshelf. Also by getting a (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) Thanks for the information, Eric. It's hard for most people (including myself) to get a grasp on just what resources are needed to run such a site. With respect to targeted ads, Kevin was using Google Adsense, and I believe (from seeing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

I am with you all the way, Jake. I think Flickr is an incredible deal, and one that will probably be around for a long time thanks to it being integrated with Yahoo and with the revenue streams from printing, etc. For $25 a year I can archive my (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact