 General / 53542
Re: UTB set, LDD and LEGOFactory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 18:51:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Didier Enjary wrote:
Let me make an assertion : People buying the UTB set have to load LDD. So  it's
a way for TLC to turn people  into the whole LEGOFactory program. I mean that's
the MAIN goal.

I would have to challenge your basic assertion.

In the past there have been other "sets" that were a collection of parts and
came without instructions for anything at all. They also released Idea Books
sold seperately.

This is a collection of parts set. It comes with instructions for one model but
the internet allows you to access an "Idea Book" for free!

This does not mean one has to use LEGO Factory at all nor does it make LEGO
Factory the whole point. There is no reason one could not buy the set and simply
build without ever referencing LEGO Factory just as one was free to buy the old
parts collections and ignore the Idea Books.