 General / 53539
53538  |  53540
Subject:
UTB set, LDD and LEGOFactory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 16:26:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

Why are the UTB set building instructions LDD file format only ?

too expensive for them to print the BIs ? hmmm...maybe. But what about pdf BIs
then ?

Let me make an assertion : People buying the UTB set have to load LDD. So  it's
a way for TLC to turn people  into the whole LEGOFactory program. I mean that's
the MAIN goal. (not that the UTB set is just that, but the lack of BIs is all
about that).

That's not a big deal, right ? They just incite their customers to go into
LEGOFactory this way.

My main concern is that LDD is just so bad it will not reach this goal and only
increase the feeling of frustration of customers and hurt the brand image.

Yes LEGOFactory a great idea but I'm afraid LDD is detrimental to LF interest.

Any thoughts ?

Didier