 General / 53492 (-20)
  Re: When did "smooth" slopes start appearing?

(...) The McDonald's promotional sets of 99 are the first I knew of the smooth slopes. But they've printed on textured slopes before. I figured that perhaps the promos were produced by a contractor, not the LEGO factory. I see this as much less of (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When did "smooth" slopes start appearing?

(...) I'd agree that they are different parts, but I'm not so sure about the new part. I've got at least one slope that came in a promotional set from 1999 that has no texture. It has printing on it, so I assumed that was the reason. -Elroy (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When did "smooth" slopes start appearing?

(...) Dave, I don't believe that the textured slopes are going away any time soon. I see these new slopes as additional parts produced in conjunction with other parts that have smooth surfaces. For example, among smooth slope bricks, only 3 or 4 of (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  When did "smooth" slopes start appearing?

WARNING: short but rant-y post! I searched the newsgroups on Lugnet just now and couldn't find any previous posts on this matter, so forgive me if this topic has been discussed before. While foraging through used bulk bricks at a friends garage, I (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Brickfetish -- the Spring Offensive

Just in time for Spring, which has been RATHER LATE where I live, is a new version of Brickfetish. http:/www.brickfetish.com This version tracks the history of Lego through 1972. New topics discussed are: Duplo, Minitalia, Denken mit Lego, Hanne's (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  wasn't brickfest 20+days ago???

i'm just wondering if anyone was planning on updating the lugnet home page with something other than "brickfest is being held this weekend"? it's been somewhere around 20 days since the event took place. thoughts? ondrew (17 years ago, 21-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  My latest LEGO room in order

After moving into my new house almost a year ago I finally got my LEGO room in order. Its a 10x20 room in my basement, and yes I have to share it with a HVAC unit & water heater but I take the space where I can find it. It does give me plenty of (...) (17 years ago, 19-Apr-07, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Brickworld 2007 - Call for Mindstorms competitors

As part of Brickworld 2007 in Chicago, Jun 21-24, we are going to try to run at least four seperate Mindstorms events: *The ever-popular Sumo (4' ring, 2 lb limit, flipping strongly encouraged) *Line maze (find your way to the exit, as fast as (...) (17 years ago, 18-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Lego Solar Powered Helicopter

(...) I second that, but boy I wish that canopy was genuine... -Rob wwew.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Solar Powered Helicopter

(...) I'm sorry to say that it looks to me like one of the many lego clones around :| Most of those parts certainly aren't standard lego. (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Solar Powered Helicopter

Just saw this online: (2 URLs) Lego Solar Powered Helicopter> from the Solar Energy Alliance. Is this an official Lego set? Anyone know anything about the motor? Roy (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A sad day for BIP?

(...) I've gotten a number of emails from him in the last two days and am working on responding today. :) Jake --- jake AT countersinkdg DOT com Webmaster - BIP (URL) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A sad day for BIP?

(...) interested in helping to this project, but he hasn't been able to contact you. He has a web for spanish AFOL's, www.ladrillitos.com, there you have contact info. Please let him know about what you think. Regards. (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A sad day for BIP?

(...) the growing of LEGO community, and your site has been a wonderful LEGO resourse. Hope somebody inherit your project, and luck with your work and so. Julen. (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A sad day for BIP?

It might be worth getting in touch With No Starch to get them to alter the link on their site (URL) put the book page back up again Tim (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Brickworld Event Kits

<<https://registrati...Logo.png>> Brickworld is proud to announce 3 event theme kits to choose from for the 2007 event. Event kits help commemorate the event and will only be available in limited quantities. So, watch the Brickworld web site (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGOFan Lives, and wants your feedback

(...) That's definitely an option. (...) snippage Hmm, looks like a host issue, I'll try to get that taken care of this evening. Thanks for letting me know. Kelly (18 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGOFan Lives, and wants your feedback

Hey Kelly, To me, we need two things: 1. Some kind of guide to "where to go first" for new AFOLs (pointers to main community sites, Brickshelf, Flickr, Bricklink etc) 2. A massive, user-updatable database of links for everyone else. I'd say you (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGOFan Lives, and wants your feedback

(...) Hi Ben, I would absolutely love to get an interim page or three up - and if you have the time to develop a links page, I'll pass that by the rest of the LF group and get it online asap. Now that BF is complete, I can concentrate more on this. (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGOFan Lives, and wants your feedback

Hi Kelly, Thank you for the update. Do you have an idea of how long the site will be without content? The biggest problem I see is not having LEGOfan.org online with any content. I would like to see temporary html pages linking to various AFOL (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact