 General / 53283
    Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million —David Winkler
   (...) IBM did a similar sell-off of their buildings and lease back a couple years ago. It turns out to save on US taxes. -dw (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million —John P. Henderson
     (...) Yes, and C&S, one of the largest grocery distributors in the region is doing the same thing with a couple of facilities not far from Enfield - selling the buildings and then leasing them. The company I work for, also in the same region also (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million —Chris Phillips
   (...) When you own the property, you benefit from the increase in real estate values over time. When I originally bought my house, my mortgage was higher than it would have cost me to rent a comparable house. Within five years, this was no longer (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million —Anders Isaksson
   (...) It is expensive to own property that is much too large, and to suddenly become a landlord leasing the unwanted areas, is almost never a wanted activity when you need to save money. It is probably "sell it all" and "re-lease only a part" that (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)