 General / 52921
  Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?

Forgive me if this has been discussed already,(I did a search, but it's a topic with many possible names) but I was thinking recently about where I buy my LEGO, and I realized that this year a significant portion has been purchased at resale shops. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?

(...) This would be a guess: 45% pick-a-brick/S@H Bulk/factory 50% Bricklink 5% New sets (usually small sets, ie: Racers, when I am at Target for other non lego items) I very rarely buy used bricks. I can't remember the last time. Maybe 3-4 years (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?

(...) Wow and congrats! Your experience has certainly been different than mine. My wife and I used to hit the thrift stores every week. We stopped going two years ago for two reasons: 1) We realized our house was full of junk that we didn't need. 2) (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?

(...) Maybe it's a socio/geographic thing. I live in Chicago so there are dozens of resale shops, and enough affluence that alot of folks just prefer to drop it off for that warm-fuzzy-feeling and tax write off rather than bother with Ebay. I do (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?

most of my purchases have come from new sets and pretty much all of the rest have been at a local second hand toy shop that I go to (they do LEGO by the part and by the set and I am one of their best customers) Right now though I have pretty much (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)