 General / 52921
52920  |  52922
Subject:
Resale shops / whose been geting your brick buck this year?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:56:20 GMT

Forgive me if this has been discussed already,(I did a search, but it's a topic
with many possible names) but I was thinking recently about where I buy my LEGO,
and I realized that this year a significant portion has been purchased at resale
shops.

Something must be changing in the resale shop market because when I was a youth
some ,16-10 years ago, I could never find LEGO at any reasale shops, and family
finances being what they were I practically lived in resale shops. Now I have
located a thrift store that has used LEGO nearly every time I stop by.

It's gotten to the point where at least quarter to a third of the bricks I have
bought (by amount of bricks, not amount spent)have been from resale shops, and
most of the new LEGO has been from pick-a-brick/grab-bags. I haven't bought
online, so my % of bricks per purchase location are probably:

30% resale shops
40% pick a brick
30% new sets

I would be curious to see some other people's percentages for this year. I have
a feeling that bricklink will figure prominently...