 General / 52882 (-20)
  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

In lugnet.general, Josh Breese wrote: .... (...) Getting pissed is our business, and we can do it how we want. I suggest not getting mad at us for protecting our assets and profits. Cheers, Selçuk (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really ticked off Lego customer!

(...) By an amazing coincidence, I just got an email from LEGO.com this morning that says that they have free shipping on orders of $75 or more, and when I go to (URL) they have the free shipping promotion right on the main page. That would take (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) I knew the price of the parts and that there would be shipping however I didn’t know about the new shipping price structure or the sales tax thing until the second page of checkout. (...) If I did, I would, but that is not the case. I am after (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO Star Wars II Demo released

A PC demo version of LEGO Star Wars II has been released by LucasArts, and is available for download. Here's one place: (URL) I had the opportunity to play a dev build of the game a little more than a week ago (made it through the first five (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) What do you have to complain about? If I place the same order on S@H I get a final price of 1182.25 SEK ($165.379 according to (URL) the fact that the average US person has 30-70% more money to spend than a Swede doesn't make the equation (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

Wait, you are pissed because of their prices? Did you buy this without knowing, or did you see everything up front? If you already bought this and then realized what happened, then be pissed at yourself for not reading the quoted price properly. If (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) Also, news from the Burlington store indicates that you can order from Shop At Home *from* the store, which can be used towards the loyalty cards (yum!). Hence, they likely changed the system around to accomodate this. Actually, since loyalty (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

Ondrew: Lego switched to a fixed percentage for shipping a few months ago. As for sales tax, they only seem to charge it for states with actual Lego stores. Ken (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: removing black marker from transparent pieces

Break fluid works great. swab a little bit on with a cue tip. let stand for a few minutes then wipe off. bob (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

  One really pissed off Lego customer!

This sucks. So today I was going to finally order the windows I needed for a building I’ve been building for a while now and I ran into a couple snags. 1.) The lego.com and it’s shop.lego.com sites are not loading properly. I had to refresh and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: removing black marker from transparent pieces

Well, this is how we remove sharpie marks from white boards. Quite simple, really (but I never would've thought of it). Use an black erasable marker and mark completely over the original mark. Then wipe it off with a towel. It might take a few tries (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

  removing black marker from transparent pieces

I've tried all the general cleaning methods posted on the site and still can't remove black marker marks from 2 large transparent pieces that I found in a garage sale. I've searched all over the website and can't find anything specific for removing (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Poem: TGP

Here is another poem for you all. (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Marathon

Ahoy again mates. My second go around at a ship, I was able to throw some ideas I had after I finished the Corinthian into this. I think it looks better not being as tall and being longer, but I'd be interested in hearing everyone else's opinion as (...) (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Brickfest webcast

(...) Due to low interest, I think we'll cancel a live broadcast for this year's BrickFest. Calum (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Why do European Lego Catalogs/Set Instructions have punched holes?

I noticed this a long time ago, but for some reason a lot of European catalogs and set instructions in the 1970's (and later?).... seem to have holes punched at the top corner. Why is that? This is not found in USA/Canada Lego catalogs and (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

  Get ready for Brickfest™!

I have to say BrickFest 2006 is gonna be a fun!! I know the event hasn't even started yet. But just looking at the "Who's Attending" list ...wow. I look forward seeing everybody again, chat, take pictures, see wild and awesome models etc... (...) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Show November 3-5, 2006

(...) Count me in for all three days. (...) Done. It's easily worth a few bucks to be able to enjoy a LEGO weekend like that. (...) Sounds good! :) Allan (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.general)

  New LEGO Poem: Tic Toc

I've been out of touch with the LEGO community for a while (1+ year now) but am happy to say that while my LEGO may be boxed up my spirit it not! As such I'm happy to present the newest LEGO Poem addition entitled TIC TOC (URL) The 1600x1200 version (...) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!!

(...) Well, you have a good point that I don't NEED to remove them, but what is the fun of building if you can't first take apart? Plus, if I ever want to sell them, I don't think I could with them being glued. I don't know, Legos glued together is (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact