 General / 52692 (-20)
  Spamcast, Lego News Podcast

Announcing the Spamcast, a Lego enthusiast news podcast, endeavoring to post weekdays at (URL) Headlining fan news from the official Lego® site, around the world, new set reviews, and community events. Finding it challenging to make time to keep up? (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) Yes I had noticed that, I am hoping that it is just a temporary hicup in the system. I wouldn't think they would have "Sold Out" already on Train Wheels. (...) Thanks, this is was a very fortunate side effect of having LEGO Factory come out (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Train parts are 9V...

(...) I have tested the system this week end, and found out that train wheels are not available (bummer) Also, the fact that parts : (URL) not available either (besides some of them being featured in the new city crane set) make building all sort of (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) My son Ross already built a loco using the factory (using 2 motors). It was huge. I told him to shorten it by 8 studs, and he did, and then we submitted it to see how much it would cost. <drum roll, please!> One hundred and ninety two bucks!!! (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) FYI, the train wheels and any Factory model including train wheels is currently showing up as "Not Available". See my post on 'Trains' parts from LEGO Factory: (URL) About the contest - excellent idea. This is a great point: It will give us an (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest. The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2006!

BrickFest is fast approaching, and it's time to get the ball rolling on our Mecha contests! Our first contest is the Fantasy Mecha Contest. Participants are asked to imagine what ancient, medieval, or fantasy cultures might design if they had the (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Re: How to remove Click-hinge axles?

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:IzJ63p.Hp3@lugnet.com... (...) A dremel works nicely on those stubborn parts. :P -Rob (who actually uses David Eaton's method) www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set database Q

(...) Hi Nathan, thanks for the question. I assume you mean the 1 x 1 plates (not bricks). My gut instinct is to answer "no", because the parts bags weren't designed to be sold as individual sets. Their sale (AFAIK) is merely a side-effect of the (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Very Rare (1957-60) USA Lego Flag?

I hope I don't confuse people.... "USA flags" and "USA Lego flags" are 2 different things. The dates listed are the offical USA flag dates. The actual USA Lego flag dates are unknown to me (except the 1957 date of first Lego USA flag sales). Gary (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Very Rare (1957-60) USA Lego Flag?

I am just finishing up the Lego CD Chapter on Lego flags, and I came across something that I found very interesting which may never have been discussed on LUGNET. If you check Clark Stephen's awesome rare Lego parts site, it shows the Lego wavy (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to remove Click-hinge axles?

(...) Thanks very much, Dave E, for your excellent suggesting which worked perfectly upon testing! I'm trying to match the colors of all these different parts so that my assemblies are of one color. Dave S. (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests and Events, Space Contests, Castle Contest and..

(URL) Mindstorms/Technic Events BrickFest 2006 is fast approaching! This year, the Technic and Mindstorms Theme coordinators are pleased to announce 5 competitions. The competitions will be spread across the 3 days of BrickFest. The planned (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Re: The fabulous Clikits girls

Yet another nice update! By now, you may have noticed that Clikits trademark/icon figures Daisy, Heart and Star are restyled each year, recieving new clothes to wear, a different hairdo, accessories and so on. This time I've added images of the (...) (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.clikits, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: How to remove Click-hinge axles?

(...) into one of these: (URL) Or some similar part. Then, you can get a better handhold and pry them apart a little easier. DaveE (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  How to remove Click-hinge axles?

Hey all, Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has any techniques they can offer on how to separate this part: (URL) this part: (URL) tried a Technic axle but to no avail. Thanks! David Simmons (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: House of Bricks 2006 Report, or "That wasn't supposed to happen"

(...) I think its worth mentioning that Joe is explaining two seperate events. I didn't get auctioned off to one of the NXT guys ;) (URL) If we had no idea about the money issues with 2BeCon, I don't think I would have even percieved a difference. (...) (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Got my first LEGO Factory 1.6 sets today and...

(...) Cool. Good to know everything works like I thought. Thanks for posting. I am thinking this set that you've designed is going to give USC Yoda a run for the title of my favorite set of all time. At full retail, the price per piece is about the (...) (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My Favorite Brickshelf Accounts

(...) Nice thread. Those are some great galleries. I can add these to the list: Jim Garrett (URL) Pierre (URL) Jdavis (URL) Thomas Burger (URL) I guess yours would be up there too. ;o) I am sure I am overlooking a few others as well. Jonathan (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  My Favorite Brickshelf Accounts

In no particular order. What are yours? (URL) Stijn "Koyan" Derudder> (URL) Corey Sanders> (URL) James Mathis> (URL) Steven Asbury> (URL) Tim Gould> JOHN (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact