 General / 52442 (-20)
  2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

OK, it's time for my annual complaining about the first year of Lego in the USA..... The first Lego sets were sold in the USA in 1961. Most of the parts were produced from a Samsonite plant in Stratford Ontario, with specialty parts coming from (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Janey, interesting questions, and I will not respond to them individually, but just give my overall "feeling" about things. I am not currently under NDA to TLC, but I have been in the past. As far as the interaction that happened while I was (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Well not all the "AFOL big mouths" are in the program! ;-p As someone who's done his fair share of "positive critiquing" of TLG, I unfortunately have been busy mapping out the proverbial "Lego Genome" (all Lego sets/elements ever produced (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) That's a good question. It's been a long time since I was 'prolific', but I am in the MDP. In general, NDA's cover confidential information actually disclosed (on purpose or accidently), not other informaiton. The problem comes in keeping (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I'm under NDA, and have been thinking about this very thing. I have a blog entry about half-written about the subject, but - alas - I'm so busy it's been delayed a bit... (...) Yes. (...) Benefiting, with caveats, see below. (...) Absolutely (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Interesting questions. The NDA/Ambassador phenomenon does seem to have created an in-group and an out-group among AFOLs, and a certain amount of distrust both between and within them. I feel bad about it, but I can't help but discount the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Questions about fan involvement with TLC

After an interesting chat about "Fan involvement with TLC" the other night, a few concerns/questions came up, and I can't seem to shake them. Historically a large portion of AfoL/ALE's have wanted a closer relationship with TLC and over the last few (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general) !!

  Bogey & Bacall Mosaics

(2 URLs) My students just completed two medium-size LEGO mosaics (which saved me a lot of thumb-pain). Both will be displayed at a LEGO event at UNLV next month. Each is 30" square, is built on four XL baseplates, and uses about 9.000 pieces. I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Brickshelf Picture Links

(...) try editing the url path in the browser address bar. erase the filename up to a folder path, that's the method used here. that dosn't work on every website, you often will get a Forbidden message when trying to view contents of a folder, but (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Brickshelf Picture Links

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I really wish people would always give a link to the folder for their MOCs on the BS Gallery. It's very frustrating to have to look at the URL, and then search for their username to see the rest of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Brickfest Bulletin 2

(URL) Badge, MOC Cards, and Brick Bazaar Forms are Now LIVE! I am happy to announce that registrants can now edit their badges on their BrickFest account. Unlike previous years, BrickFest 2006 has a new design: (URL) Attendees can edit their name, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  LEGO Factory individual parts fulfillment

It looks like (URL) LEGO Factory> will begin individual brick fulfillment beginning tomorrow, April 8th. This means no more shipment of extra bricks when you order a model designed with LEGO Digital Designer (LDD). Instead of being based on a set of (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEQU: Profitable Intelligence Toy

(2 URLs) There is tiny object inside.> (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) [ z e m i d o t n e t ]> :: creations :: moonbase :: shipyard (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, FTX)

  MOC Hall of Fame?

(...) After going through the list of models, it's sad that some of the links are gone. Just an idea, but someone should put together a MOC Hall of Fame, have models nominated, and voted on. That way, some of the pictures of these creations can be (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  The Polar Express

(3 URLs) Post Mod Gallery> Here is my finished MOC of the Polar Express. I plan to populate it with minifigs, but that will come later when my bank account recovers. The train is based off of the Movie "The Polar Express" (duh) and the real (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Set renders in Spring 2006 S@H catalog?

(...) I've noticed this as well, in growing frequency on packaging as well as the catalogs. Like Disney, I think TLC has decided to forgo traditional artistic venues and concentrate their efforts in the CGI realm. During a PennLUG group trip to Toys (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  BrickNebula Episode 14: Going Batty

I am pleased to announce the (URL) BrickNebula>PodCast, (URL) Episode 14: Going Batty>. In our latest podcast, Dave & I talk about the new Batman, Mindstorms NXT, V-Pods and more! Thanks for listening & have fun! --Mike & Dave (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX) !

  Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?

(...) This jogged my memory about a crystal train from about 5 yrs ago. The site seems to be long gone: (URL) EJLTC seems to be still active but not updated in some time, and the only pictures I could find of it are thumbnails here: (URL) I (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?

(...) Indeed it is! My apologies for the mistake. Two Thomases (among a few others) that build really good MOC's. Thanks for posting the link. It is as nice as I remembered it! Best, Jonathan (19 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What is your favorite MOC of all time?

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote: <snip> (...) Is it this? (URL) Main thomasmain@charter.net (19 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact