 General / 52127 (-20)
  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

(...) Yeah, it seems Lugnet's kinda dead. I've noticed this for a while. (...) Well, I don't think they detract from the community, if that's your concern. Ambassadors help spread the news, help take in ideas to Lego and that's not a bad thing. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

(...) These are good and valid points. The kind of thing that I totally understand being thought about and discussed. But there seemed an almost "stone him" kind of mean-spiritedness about what I saw online too. (...) I do this kind of thing too!! (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Old Light & Dark Gray Brick packs are gone

(...) Well it is sad to see them go but we knew it was coming. . . I am surprised they didn't run out long ago. For anyone who is interested, I just bought quite a good number of packs of 2x2 bricks in light grey and brown last week. They are still (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

Hey Thomas, A good and thoughtful post, but I have to disagree with some of the points. Swanberg - Yes, there is the Michael Jackson factor and we all like to gossip, but I do think there were some relevant questions that did impact the community: (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

Hello Thomas, Your posting caught my eye today as you're obviously unhappy with the way you see things. At the bottom of your message you say: (...) I'm hoping to provide some discussion. As to whether or not that also constitutes "insight" is up to (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old Light & Dark Gray Brick packs are gone

Excellent, maybe now some new grey packs will be released. Derek (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color)

  Old Light & Dark Gray Brick packs are gone

It's the beginning of the end. The bulk packs of true light gray bricks are sold out, and the true dark gray bricks are listed under Retired Products on Shop At Home: (URL) Light Gray Bricks> (URL) Dark Gray Bricks> All 3 plate packs are still (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.general, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

(...) Whoops... looking back, change that to 2 years, 3 months. --Anthony (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

Hi Thomas, --SNIP-- I'm not going to comment on the first section as I am not sure myself what I prefer there. (...) AFOLs are people and people like to gossip. The Swanberg case is just spomething to gossip about really, much like the Michael (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Hobby Blues

(...) <SNIP> (...) A lot of people have been complaining about Classic-Castle, Classic-Space and all the other websites 'responsible for the fractioning of Lugnet.' So here are some points that you and others may have not thought about: New Blood: (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Hobby Blues

The thrill is gone. There's so much about our hobby that has changed over the last few years and a lot of it has changed for the worse. LUGNET This used to be THE place that the online community got together and talked about the hobby. Now, it has a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Bail up to $1 million in Lego theft case (Swanberg)

(URL) UPDATE - Wednesday, December 07, 2005 by Holly Danks Bail up to $1 million in Lego theft case The case: William A. Swanberg, 40, of Reno, Nev., is charged with three counts of first-degree theft and one count of attempted first-degree theft on (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  NQJ or Brick-it-Forward - So close I can feel it !!

The 4483 AT AT was a nice set, but it was bound to happen. It was destiny. When Mike sent me an email trade offer, I could not believe my eyes. I had no idea it would happen so soon, so quick. The Force may be strong, but I could not say no to; An (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

Hahahahah, great read. Thanks. Don't feel bad, it happens to us all at one point or (URL) another>. The conga line was the best though! LOL e (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Fox News Story on Adults Addicted to LEGO

(...) crossposting to lugnet.general for more attention. . . . . . . .. . . . .ondreww (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 7893 passenger plane, contents

(...) About half November someone posted these pictures of set 7893 broken down in parts: (URL) I automaticly assumed LUGNET was aware of this information also, but that might have been an error of judgement from my part. With friendly greetings, M. (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 7893 passenger plane

Interesting! Exactly how modular is it? Can the wings and tail be removed? Could the plane be extended with extra cabin pieces? Dave S. "Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:IqyG09.H6n@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Brickshelf?

About two months ago I did the new member sign up for brickshelf, and it said I would get a confermation sent to my email adress. I still havent gotten one, so I tried with my brothers email adress but still nothing has happened. Does anyone know (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Origin of this Santa?

"Markassius" <mark.de.kock@NOSPAM.home.nl> wrote in message news:IqxpM6.Dyo@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) That's the one - thanks for the pointer. I kept thinking it was from the LEGO Club Magazine but I scoured those this morning (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  7893 passenger plane

I bought two of these at TRU tonight. Here are the scans from the front and back of the instruction booklet: (URL) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact