 General / 51945
Re: LEGO®FAN.org is the New Place to Find the Shop at Home Specials!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:11:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:
   Ok, for those of us not really into trying to understand all the latest in web technology, how the heck do you subscribe to an RSS feed? Can you subscribe by e-mail?

RSS, which sometimes means Really Simple Syndication, is a format for syndicating content. As Joe mentioned, you need a feed reader or aggregator, which goes out and checks the RSS feed and lets you know if something is new.

Personally, I use Bloglines to keep track of over 70 feeds and love it. I know there are other services out there that do the same thing. Recently a new browser was launched (in a beta release) that has an aggregator built in.

PS - Joe the feed is fairly ugly, it just has the set name and a link to brickset, no info on what the price was, what it is now, etc. Also the title of the feed is messed up, using one of the sets instead of a generic overall vision. Oh, and each set is it’s own post.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG