 General / 51942 (-20)
  Re: LEGO®FAN.org is the New Place to Find the Shop at Home Specials!

(...) For the RSS feed, you need an RSS reader...and to be honest, that's all I know, as I don't use this. There are no subscriptions by e-mail at this time, though that is a great idea! LEGOFan.org is getting into the beginning of an uprate, so it (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) For some reason, he chose not to enable commenting on his entry... I wonder wether they managed to get violet "right" this time - as an excuse for the Knight Bus Desaster they told us that violet was tricky - to tricky obviously to get a set (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) Greg, as a long time batman fan, I must admit that I've often been tempted to purchase one of those C3 sets, especially since I've seen them time and time again discounted almost to nothing. As cool as the figs did appear, I always opted (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO®FAN.org is the New Place to Find the Shop at Home Specials!

(...) Ok, for those of us not really into trying to understand all the latest in web technology, how the heck do you subscribe to an RSS feed? Can you subscribe by e-mail? Frank (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) Ug! Maybe I'm paying TOO MUCH attention to the clones! I'm ashamed of myself! But I do admit, I do like and collect the Mini-Mate figures, and while they've done Marvel characters just as figures, DC characters only came with those dereadful (...) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) See? Just shows to go ya just how much I pay attention at clone brands :) Thanks for setting me straight. --Anthony (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) Sometimes it seems like Designer is the "LEGO license", and turning out movie and TV-based toys is what TLC actually does. Even the TLC-created "stories" (Bionicle, KK, Dino Attack) just seem like tie-ins in search of a cartoon. I know that (...) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) Actaully, it was Art Asylum and Play Along Toys that had the Batman licence with thier C3 and Mini-Mates line. Appauling construction sets, but cool figures. They obviously don't have the licence any more! (...) The MegaBloks stuff looks like (...) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Na na na na na na na na...

(...) The first obvious thing to say is "I thought LEGO was done with licenses..." But aside from that, many questions come to mind. First, Megabloks already has (or had) the Batman license... So is this a different license than Megabloks? Like for (...) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Na na na na na na na na...

(URL). Jake has (URL) confirmed it> - yet another license, starting in 2006. PS - Why isn't there a year.2006 newsgroup? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: 4679 tub + 500 bonus what?

(...) This is really helpfull. Thanks! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 4679 tub + 500 bonus what?

Assuming its the same tub that I bought from a TRU here in australia then the contents of the bonus box is listed here: (URL) bonus box contains both old and new greys/brown The blue tub itself contains only old greys. (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Oldest Lego Parts of 1949-57

(...) Hello Henrik, Sorry but the Ebay auction item (originating from Aarhus, Denmark) is gone I believe. Check here in Jim Hughes website for some information on these early slotted Lego bricks: (URL) only countries where the 1949-56 slotted Lego (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  4679 tub + 500 bonus what?

Hey all, Just spotted a tub labelled no.4679 blue in a Toystore here in Ireland it has 500 piece box of a new design strapped to the top. Does anyone know what the pieces are like/ why it has the same set no. of the legendary bonus tubs...? Thanks (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Another day, another desk

Hello! On October 23rd 1805 - that's today 200 years ago - the Austrian writer Adalbert Stifter was born. His novels are broadly considered boring, but at least he is the author of the book "Bunte Steine" (Colourful Stones) which title can - in (...) (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

I usually run it through spamcop if I'm not sure, although it is so easy to spot the fakes that it's hardly more than a verification that the email is indeed fraudulent. (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

(...) It also helps that some mail programs (Eudora, for example) will actually warn you if a link in an email directs you away from the supposed originating site. That's a good way to spot them. Also, it often helps that these phishing emails are (...) (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

(...) I have found that its a good idea to just ignore any emails from paypal or most banks. If its important enough that they need to tell you, they will tell you via some other means. (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  brickshelf.net no longer used?

Some of my old pages linked to images on brickshelf.net, because that was the domain I first used to access BrickShelf. But it appears that domain is no longer registered, so those with old web pages and links may want to go back and change all (...) (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

(...) Snip (...) Paypal has some very good advice related to recognising fraudulent emails here: https://www.paypal.c...of-outside At least for Paypal, you can be sure if it doesn't have your first and last name in the greeting, it's not from (...) (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact