 General / 51922
    WARNING: Paypal fraud! —Matthew Jeffery
   Be careful people, I jsut got this email today: You have added jewelryseeler@yahoo.com as a new email address for your PayPal account. If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact PayPal customer (...) (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud! —Ross Crawford
   (...) Snip (...) Paypal has some very good advice related to recognising fraudulent emails here: https://www.paypal.c...of-outside At least for Paypal, you can be sure if it doesn't have your first and last name in the greeting, it's not from (...) (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud! —Jonathan Wilson
   (...) I have found that its a good idea to just ignore any emails from paypal or most banks. If its important enough that they need to tell you, they will tell you via some other means. (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud! —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) It also helps that some mail programs (Eudora, for example) will actually warn you if a link in an email directs you away from the supposed originating site. That's a good way to spot them. Also, it often helps that these phishing emails are (...) (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud! —Geoffrey Hyde
   I usually run it through spamcop if I'm not sure, although it is so easy to spot the fakes that it's hardly more than a verification that the email is indeed fraudulent. (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)