 General / 51922
WARNING: Paypal fraud!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:01:07 GMT

Be careful people, I jsut got this email today:

You have added jewelryseeler@yahoo.com as a new email address for your PayPal account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact PayPal customer service at:

https://www.paypal.com/row/wf/f=apemail

Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the “Help” link in the header of any page.

NEVER give your password to anyone and ONLY log in at https://www. paypal. com/ Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

PayPal Email ID PP1309

Catch is, the paypal liks given on the page take you to www.worldmovies.com/ I’m not telling the rest of the url, too many clicks already I suspect!

This page, when you “log in” to your paypal account, tells you that “paypal” is performing regular maintenence, and that your account has been randomly selected. it then asks you for your card details for verification. I would not have caught this if not for the fact that I specifically stated I didn’t have a credit card when I signed up for paypal. They add the email to make you want to go to the page to complain, catch is, you have to put your card details in... NOT GOOD. be very careful, this is an extremely well done fraud, the page looks EXACTLY like the current paypal homepage. DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK! (though I’m sure you have already figured that out ;)

Anyway, just giving a headsup before some poor innocent fellow out doing their lego shopping for christmas on ebay gets caught with one of these messages!

Thanks, and happy yuletide shopping (I’ve got someo of mine done, how about you?) Always aware, Matt