 General / 51542 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Hmm, then what would be nice is a way of telling when you are openning a new bag. For example, I built a Red Pickup truck, and my model set basically works out to be the Designer set that builds cars, but my model set costs 24.95. Now, if I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)?

(...) Oh yeah, have it work both ways would be fine with me too, and it wouldn't confuse people who got use to the way it is now. Chris (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) LOL! I love it, having that available next to somebody's model that took them three days to build. Now, if somebody were really evil, they'd create a separate model for each piece available and name it with the LDraw part number or something. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Well, try this: (URL) went to the gallery, found the railroad crossing, opened the popup and did a price check...that gets you to a webpage. You can also email your model to someone. For use on LUGNET, though, this would be the way to go. Joe (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Good hacks. Can someone else follow those links and buy the model though??? I'm thinking not. (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Being a minimalist, the first model I uploaded was a single piece priced at $3.99. It came with 77 spare pieces. I find that reasonable for a custom set. (URL) I captured the S@H screen here: (URL) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Hmm. If you dig around in the page source for the model pop-ups, you can find the lxf file: (URL) the thumbnail: (URL) course, an URL that goes right to the model would be a lot nicer. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) And that is a feature we really need, at least at some point. How else can we talk about stuff (except by asking people to search by name?) More importantly, how else are we going to publicise our models and drive incremental sales into the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Well, not necessarily. My Railroad Crossing (rats, it seems that there are no URLs for individual models, so I can't point you directly to it) model uses parts from all five bricksets, yet the cost is $18.95. So I don't think you're buying (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

In lugnet.cad, Thomas Main wrote: snip (...) I agree. (...) One other possibility would be allowing us to use existing bulk packs in our models. If I am building a house with a black roof, then I could upload a black roof tiles pack and use that. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)?

(...) Well, there's no reason they couldn't have it both ways; add keys to move the pieces in X and Z after it's placed (in addition to the existing Y movement), and also to rotate it. Then you could move/rotate the piece while it's clinging to the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service

I'm guessing they dont want 'Lenny shot' photos. (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Yes, this is probably the kind of system that Jake prompted us to imagine when he asked us to ponder where this system might be 6-10 years down the road (provided it is sucessful). As you brilliantly put it, in the "World of next Thursday." I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Stumped already (LDD 1.4)

(...) You got docs with your version? I couldn't find any docs with the LDD that was installed on my Mac. Documentation would be nice. Sure I wouldn't read it first, but I would read it. Chris (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  New LEGO Store in Portland, OR

Yes! Finally! Now I get to be as poor as everybody else who lives within easy commuting distance of a LEGO Store. The Portland (Oregon) store just opened in Washington Square, near Meier & Frank, and it's very nice. I slipped in before it was (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service

(...) I sure hope that is the case. (...) Of course, some people might consider (URL) attack choppers> excessively violent. I might upload some similar military hardware as a test. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service

(...) You actually read that stuff? ;) (...) That is weird. I bet they just don't want any model that could be interpreted as representing a real person, who might then sue them. (...) Well, that's good — perhaps that answers the question about (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)?

(...) Thanks for the answer Eric and thanks for asking the question Joe. However, I am going to be a bit annoying here (no surprise really). This clinging-part thing is a bad metaphor because the "page up" and "page down" keys don't work on the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stumped already (LDD 1.4)

(...) It can also be accessed by right-clicking the top of the window when you are in LDD. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Stumped already (LDD 1.4)

(...) The LEGO Digital Designer button in your task bar (the bar that is by default at the bottom of your screen for win 2k/XP unless you moved it) next to the start menu/program button. You get one of these buttons for each running program, (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact