 General / 51372 (-20)
  Slim pickings at Target?

During my lunch hour I discovered that my local Target has eight different LEGO sets on its shelves, three MEGABLOKS sets, and one Best-Lock. I don’t recall such drastic inventory downsizing during the past few summers. Has there been a change of (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Help a grad student - win a Sandcrawler!

I posted this on my (URL) blog> and wanted to also pass it along here. === In any job, there are functions that pop up that you never really consider in the job interview. Some of these are silly, annoying things expense report documention, others (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: S@H ahead of schedule again

(...) Its green not sand green. I haven't downloaded the instructions yet, so I can't really start building yet. Grrr. 8.9M download will have to wait til I'm in work tomorrow. This dialup line just isn't up to downloads that size :( JB (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H ahead of schedule again

(...) Hi John, Is the Liberty green or sand green? I could never quite tell. Thanks for sharing the news. Tim (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  S@H ahead of schedule again

My backordered 5526 arrived today! What a great collection of parts :) JB (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Star Wars LEGO UCS Survey

The LEGO Group has asked LEGO Fan for help in collecting your feedback. They're looking into future product ideas and have asked for your opinions on which product you'd like to see the most. This feedback will be added into the decision making (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

(...) They are a great way to express my imagination. The elements can be used over and over again for different things. (...) The high quality of the bricks, and the interconnectivity. LEGO pieces from my childhood (mid 70s) work with what I can (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  kadee questioner

(URL) you haven’t answered this questioner yet I would like to ask that you please do so. I currently have 20 out of 100 needed so everyone’s reply helps. Thanks, Ondrew (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

Ah, what the heck. Here goes: (...) The ability to express myself creatively. Relaxation. (...) The quality of the bricks and piece compatibility across themes. My bricks from 30 years ago still interact with my new bricks today. (...) In many ways (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

(...) They're fun, interesting and good for creativity. (...) The large amount of good piece/price ratio sets, particularly designer (...) The magazine, it is a load of rubbish full of poor writing and minimal content. There is no 'general interest' (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

(...) They are toys that stimulate creativity and they helped me develop mathematical and spatial skills as a child. The toys are a connection to my past (I am still playing with the bricks I got 28 years ago), yet they still allow me to look (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

Here are my thoughts. Mark (...) It's a toy that allows you to be creative and the bricks last forever. It's also a toy for all ages. (...) Play value, durability. (...) Recently, too much juniorization, even my kids are complaining about this. In (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BrickJournal's Plans...

Hi all, it's been a bit of time since I last posted, and some things have been happening with BrickJournal. Staff The BrickJournal staff has been expanded and is as follows: Joe Meno, Editor/Publisher Jim Foulds, Assistant Editor Geoff Gray, Photo (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Pick a Brick

(...) Yeah but have you been to all three yet? (: The next closest is in St. Paul. I drop by the Michigan Av store in Chicago about once a month because I go to U. of Chicago there. From the times I've been to the Woodfield store I like Woodfield's (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hobby Show November (Toronto)

(...) This thread has been too quiet, so I thought I'd try to see if we could get some discussion started about this. Please see Dave's notes above (or reread his entire original post). This is really good news, if you as me! There must be some (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

(...) Because they are still the best construction toy on the market. (...) The quality is better than the clones. (...) Original space themes have largely been replaced with Star Wars. (...) I like the newer "generic" building sets as well as the (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Errors

(...) Wow Phil, that one is hard to top! (Phil and I talk frequently over Lego "anomalies", things that are not quite as one would expect them.) My favorite British error (I got this one from Phil several years ago), which is not really an error... (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

1) I like the colors and versitility. 2) Endless hours of creativity and possabilities. 3) FAR Too many single or limited-use elements. Bionicle if full of them. 4) Nice new colors. 5) Brick packs (bulk) in the cool new colors - dk red, dk green, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Errors

(...) The most obvious one I can remember was the 1977 UK Catalogue said 67 on the front instead! Phil (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

Woops, substitute "designer" in my post for "creator" Not enough coffee this morning... (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact