 General / 50972
  The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

What follows is a small synopsis of some the research I’ve been doing lately. I wouldn’t have otherwise written this up, but based on the good conversation that was born from the (URL) Emerge> discussion, I thought it might be fun. If you’re the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) I meant Nelson Yrizarry. Oopsy. (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

Hello! (...) Actually it is. :-) Bye Jojo (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Wow. What a great post (I mainly say this because you linked to Mr.Ham). Warning: Rambling About to Commense I think a better title might have been "The Art of LEGO: A New Perspective" - that usually when we think of the 'Art of LEGO' - we (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Even though I'm from a different continent I can relate to much of what you're describing here, although the end result was somewhat different... I can definately remember weekend cartoons (Transformers, GI Joe, MASK, inspector Gadget etc (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) I think an even better title would have been King Kong vs The Gilmore Girls! I was never really sure where to place minifig building amongst everything. Then I overheard Lar talking to the crowd about the train display at HoB. They kept asking (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) No, I see where you're going. The minute it's 'any-town' instead of 'town-xyz', you've gone from being someone who objectively (so to speak) observes things around them and then builds stuff accordingly, to someone who interprets what he sees (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Sure it is. If it's not a *high* point for Ham, he's using the bong incorrectly.(1) (...) Art is in the eye of the beholder. If a piece does the things that art is supposed to do (instill emotion, make one think, make one wonder) it's art. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Even selective compression is a form of that. If you can EVOKE the look of (for example) Cincinatti Union Terminal without having as many tracks or asmany columns on the front of the headhouse, you've succeeded artistically, I feel... Evoking (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Actually you can go further from this premise. I have interesting thoughts going through my mind while sitting in a train for example. Would you count the scenery I see passing by as art? It's about as good as implying EVERYTHING around us is (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) Its no coincidence that our community is growing and we're reaching more of the public at the same time art has taken this cultural swing. Pop Surrealism incorporates a number of different media-- one of my favorites is the new trend in vinyl (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) The original definition of Art is that it is man-made. Specifically, it seperates the world of human made objects (Art) from non-human made objects (Nature). I'd say that any definition of art has to include some manipulation by humans(1) - if (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.

(...) I think it's commonly accepted that good photography requires skill (composition, framing, choice of speed and exposure) and that the result can be art. Just looking out the window at nature isn't. However I'd say that the trestle you go (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)