 General / 50344
  No Lego Window System

I know I've complained before about the lack of a "Window System" in Lego. The last system the 1957-87 classic Lego windows went out of production in 1987, with the exception of the 1x2x2 windows, which are still produced. Mostly my complaints have (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Of course my house will never be buildable in minifig scale unless LEGO comes out with a special part. The arched window in this picture: (URL) be impossible to render. It might not even be easy to render in a larger scale. Of course I'd also (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) I offer this only because I know that you are not viscerally opposed to clone elements: Intelli-Blox released a part very much like that window in the Lord of the Rings "Encounter at The Prancing Pony Inn" set, though in a shade of taupe or (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Well, it wouldn't quite fit scale-wise, but I know I've seen the 1x6x2 arches in conjunction with the little hinge arms plugged in underneath the arch: (2 URLs) That makes for a nice little archy-window, although it doesn't actually have (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) One area of interest in Lego windows that has come to my attention was the use of decals. There have been some some interesting decals used with the 1x4x5 windows. Bank windows, sheriff's office windows, etc. have come out lately. The most (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Yea, that would get the arch, the trouble is how tight into the peak the arch fits. For a larger scale, the 1x5x4 half arches might work to get something close. At a larger scale, one could do the arch using inverse slopes or even just (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Oh sure, use logic against me. My one weakness! It's a pretty tight squeeze-- the corners might indeed stick out of the roof if left as a normal 1x6x2 arch... I guess I'd probably just fudge a little and bring the window down a bit or the roof (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Hmm, that still wouldn't work. A 1x4 arch built under the peak of a roof would be way to heavy. Frank (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No Lego Window System

I have to agree with this, but coming at it from a slightly different viewpoint. I need BIG windows. the 1x4x5 (1) is the biggest single paned window that has been commonly available (2) correct me if I'm wrong) and thats what I've used for (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) The largest single pane window that I am aware of was the 1x6x5, which had a very limited production in only 4 colors - blue, yellow, brown and gray. Since it was used in the 80's and 90's, the mold is probably retired today. Gary Istok (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) i saw that but dismissed it for some reason. Is it glazed? Do you know what the reasoning behind the grooves was? Thanks Tim (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) Yes those 1x6x5 windows have a glass insert. They are similar to the glass inserts in the 1x4x3 windows that can be opened and closed vertically. I don't know why they have those groves around the perimeter. But it makes them "not compatible" (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No Lego Window System

(...) One reason for the grooves is to fit the awning piece (URL) the windowsill piece (URL) in Yorkshire (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)