 General / 50350
Re: No Lego Window System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:20:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:
David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/ffilz/NewHome/4061222-1.jpg
Yea, that would get the arch, the trouble is how tight into the peak the
arch fits. For a larger scale, the 1x5x4 half arches might work to get
something close. At a larger scale, one could do the arch using inverse
slopes or even just staggered bricks, or possibly some kind of SNOT
construction.

Oh sure, use logic against me. My one weakness! It's a pretty tight squeeze--
the corners might indeed stick out of the roof if left as a normal 1x6x2 arch...
I guess I'd probably just fudge a little and bring the window down a bit or the
roof up. I guess if you're going with the 45 degree angle roof, you might even
get a bit of extra room from the increased slope (Or less if you worked from the
top down instead of the bottom up).

But my guess is you might need a bigger arch anyway. Looks like that window is
maybe... 5 feet wide? Hm. I guess 4 studs wouldn't be a bad match. And the odds
of Lego coming out with a 1x7x2.3 arch with missing corners is about zilch. A
1x8x3 arch maybe. Which might be TOO big. Dang. I dunno.

DaveE