 General / 50230
Re: 50 Years - Lego System of Play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:54:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mark Jordan wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
There were 44 new 1955 Lego elements that came out with the Town Plan.

They were:

2x2 quarter circle and 2x4 half circle macaroni bricks (4 different pieces).
1x6 and 1x8 beams (no posts underneath back then).
8 different 1:87 metal wheeled trucks.
16 different flat bottomed road signs.
5 different flat bottomed trees and 1 bush.
3 piece garage kit (1 garage baseplate, 1 garage door frame, 1 garage door).
5 different plates (waffle bottom back then), 2x8, 4x8, 4x8 right curve, 4x8
left curve and 6x8.

Seems to me that Juniorisation was much more of a problem then than it is now.

OK Mark, now I'm stumped.... what parts did you consider juniorised?  The 2x4
half circle macaroni bricks?  Or?

Well, the obvious one is the 8 different 1:87 metal wheeled trucks. Each one
piece.

But at a more subtle level - the roadsigns and garage have similar single-use
pieces now. But the overall balance of Lego parts now is much more multi-use.