 General / 50203
Re: 50 Years - Lego System of Play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:00:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mark Jordan wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Seems to me that Juniorisation was much more of a problem then than it is now.

OK Mark, now I'm stumped.... what parts did you consider juniorised?  The 2x4
half circle macaroni bricks?  Or?

Gary,

I think I agree with Mark's point.  If the garage pieces were to come out new
today there would be a thread about how "junior" they are.  The one-piece cars,
trees, lightposts, and signs would probably receive similar reviews.  Since they
are classic though, they get viewed in a different light :)

I can't wait to get a few of these anniversary buckets.

Eric

OK, what confused me was that some of these things are still one piece today juniorization?), such as trees and roadsigns.   And the 1:87 cars/trucks were in existence 7 years before any Lego wheels came out.  So some of these things that might be considered juniorization today, couldn't be considered that way in 1955 because the parts that make up cars and trucks were not even in existence back then.  ;-)

Gary Istok