 General / 49905
FBTB Fourms: How we miss you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 06:51:50 GMT

As I sit here infront of this moniter, becoming incresingly Overwhelemed,
Depresed, and Bored by the Lego Community, I have constant memories flashing by
in the back of my head. Memories about that little SW Lego Community called
FBTB. I loved that place, and it was my own little home on the The Internet. A
Safe Haven, if you will, where I was accepted and treated as a well known and
liked Member.

I remeber that Morning, that Exciting and Unexpected Morning, getting up in a
drowsey state of mind. Sheepishly sitting down in my chair and pointing Safari
to FBTB Fourms.Net, checking to see if anyone had replied to my LAN Games
thread, and to see if I don had replied about my X-Pod offer. Thats when I see
that only two sub-fourms left on the Index. "Wait, r00t? hax0r? What if this
bullshit?" I recall telling my self, as I quickly tried to see if this wasn't
the result of drinking all the Vanilla Coke the previous night. There infront of
me were the only sub fourms left in FBTB. Written in combonation of Leet, AOL,
and Retard Speak, the description read something along the lines of "hax0rd bi
mac guy, Use Macz, tehy kant be r00ted!". Quickly checking the one thread
inside, it appered that this "Mac Guy" had deleated the Admin account, and had
used several others to spam his images.  After "thanking" one of the other users
for giving the so called Hacker ideas for spamming our E-Mail Addresses, he
rebutted quickly by telling me to "STFU". With that, I closed the Safari window
and left for a Friend's House.

This past Month and a half have been quite strange for me. Wit the loss of the
FBTB Fourms, it had felt as if a part of he was gone. Like I was just a shell of
a Human Being, with no way to communicate to the world outside of my little Town
of Poway. After being banned at Classic Space, and writing on a few other
Message Boards, nothing quite felt the same. Either the Community was
Un-Welcoming or the people there were just too annoying. So here I am now, with
every second passing I teeter ever close to the Brink of Insanity. Babbling to
my Self every Night about "The Fourms will surely be up Tommorow, Right?" and
feeling more and More Depressed as each day goes by with no sign of them comming
back up. All thats left now is the Root Directory created by Apache Server.

It was a sudden goodbye, Everyone, It was a sudden goodbye...