 General / 4958
Re: LEGO Bloopers and Practical Jokes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:04:03 GMT

I was thinking more along the lines of image bloopers rather than text bloopers.
One example is the instructions for the Mercury II Transport which has a curious
"error" in one of the final steps.

Another example is a wrongly (1) assembled #6378 which appears in an old medium
sized catalogue from the mid 80's.

Sanjay

(1) Wrongly in the sense that the bricks have clearly not been pressed together
well leaving an ugly gap between one wall and the roof.

N. Hoogerbrug wrote:

Hi  Sanjay,

I could contribute 2 out of this year, but whats the use just for fun ?
Some mistakes are explained by the production technics RTL uses.
The production of the catalogs is centralised in Denmark afaik. And they print
catalogs in different lanquages in countries that dont read that lanquage or it
a long way to correct.
So its easy to slip, like an Polish and the Dutch 1999 catalog, both show an
obvious mistake.
Greetings and lmk
Nico