 General / 49576
Re: Items removed from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:58:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In the posts on the #238 Lego book (1960-68), Eric Strand had to have the #238
scans removed from Brickshelf, and so he put them onto his own website.

I was looking thru Brickshelf, and I noticed that the scans for Lego Book #239
were missing (this was listed under the #239 set instructions).  Why?  Was this
moved somewhere else, or was it removed for other reasons.  The #239 scans (I
believe there something like 96 pages) were a great addition to the Brickshelf
reference guide that I had enjoyed viewing in the past.

Just wondering?

Gary Istok

Hi,

the scan is still there:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0239/

But there was a change some time ago in the database, I think.

You can reach the scans now in two different ways.

Compare this two links:

http://library.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=11&n=48

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/index-ad.html

When you start at brickshelf you get the first (new) form of URL.
A lot of instructions you will find bye this way only as pdf-file and you will
miss a lot of instructions.

When you start at the Lugnet Database and jump to a certain instruction you get
the second (old) form of URL. By that way fortunately all "old" instructions a
still available.

HTH, Ronald