 General / 49558
Re: This picture needs a caption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:45:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
This page really cracks me up. It is a page from the 238 LEGO Idea Book -
and it is just begging for a witty caption.

http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/ideabook/12a.jpg

Man:  "Why, Honey, isn't that cute!  You know that girls don't have the
visual-spatial capacity to understand architecture, don't you?  Next thing
you'll be wanting a job outside the home.  Why don't you go and bake me some
cookies while I smoke and read the paper.  Don't worry your pretty little head
about designing homes.
--Violence ensues--

On a side note, it's interesting that while the other pics in that idea book (
http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/ideabook/ ) all involve kids (one with a dad
helping), this pic is definitely about AFOLs.  How much marketing was there
towards an adult audience back in the 60s and 70s?  I was under the impression
that we were a relatively new phenomenon as far as TLC was concerned.

Bruce