 General / 49332
  Folder Tag abuse

I really try not to complain. But the folder tags are and have been abused for sometime now. Look at this (URL) one>. Come on, check off all the boxes why don't ya! Quit it. Stop it. Knock it off. Built on. e (Oh right, it's gonna be put on a Mech, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) I think you raise valid points, folder tag abuse is sort of a bummer, isn't it? Most of us put a lot of thought into what keywords to select. However I think this particular user might not have English as their first language, so may not (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) Yes, I agree. I take care not to annoy other people with inappropriate cross genre stuff. When I cruise the Mecha section. I want to see Mecha. When I cruise the Space section I want to see Space MOCs, and so on. Oh well, what can you do. Only (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) I agree (...) I'm not sure...I think they understand english enough to put their pix...so I think they understand the folder tag issue. It's from my point a view not an excuse. (...) You are right and I'm going to make a post for french AFOLs (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly, in fact I posted the same thing a while ago! I think many people, whether they cam speak english or not, just tick every box! Tim PS, I thought you were a Brickshelf mod Lar ? (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

Hello! Before I read this post I didn't even notice the folder descriptions displayed below the folder. I personally don't care much for my own folder descriptions, though I always try to check something appropriate. Sometimes I don't find an (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) I was at one point, but I think Kevin decided he needed to do it all himself. I believe he felt it was to ensure consistency, and to ensure that people didn't bug the moderators to moderate their stuff first. (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) It probably needs re-moderation because you could put something obscene in the keywords by filling in your own. Same for folder names or descriptions. Frank (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Folder Tag abuse

(...) Fair enough, but if no images have been added or changed, and the folder is remoderated anyway, why not just use the option of bypassing the 'Recent Galleries' view? Sure is an easy way to bump folders though. Allister (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)