 General / 4900
Re: Has anyone...treasury?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:30:26 GMT

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:59:11 GMT, "Robert M. Dye" <robdye@writeme.com>
wrote:

Hello to all.

I was doing some anal retentive level sorting lately, and found that I
had quite a bit of LEGO money (coins, 7 silver bricks, 1x2 $100 tiles,
and assorted gems and crystals).

I decided to put them together in one place, and constucted a 12X16 room
out of white 1x bricks.  The money, with a couple treasure chests thrown
in, covers the floor pretty well, though I would like to have a LOT more
coins for it.  A few bricks above the floor is the doorway, which looks
down on the money bin, and Qui-Gon is poised in the doorway, preparing
for a jump into the money, a la Scrooge McDuck.

I'm waiting until I figure a way to "fake" some more coins to put in a
diving board and a depth gauge, so that a couple figs can swim in the
cash, again a la Scrooge.

Anybody else evr do anything like this?

It sounds like you've got the basics.  Also try:
  - yellow 1x2 tiles for gold bars
  - All chrome pieces as valuable artifacts (crowns, broadswords and
    hydrolator crystals especially)
  - Invert a few yellow antennae, and put opaque 1x1 round plates on the
    top to make sceptres
  - Don't forget the safes from the Wild West sets.  Plain mailboxes can
    also work here.
  - Chains are appropriate.  They always seem to show up in treasure rooms.

You could also make the room slightly smaller.

Or build a mound in the middle of the room out of bricks, and cover that
with the actual treasure.

Steve