 General / 48939
    Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) It's hard to say on the face of it. The person might be just indulging in a typical historical "what if" scenario. Does it trivialize what happened? Not necessarily. Then again, he/she/it may be looking for DNA material to clone Hitler with (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Scott Arthur
     (...) …but communism was once less than acceptable in the "Land of the Free". Scott A (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) "Once"? :-) But they could still be Communists regardless of acceptablity. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Scott Arthur
     (...) But nothing; were the rights of Communists not restricted? Search google for "McCarthyism" & "freedom" to see what I mean. Scott A (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? Larry Pieniazek
   In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: (snip) In my view this subthread is not really suitable to .general, especially the way it's went downtree. I forceFUT several of the posts in this branch without saying anything(1), but I'm not sure it (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Dan Boger
     (...) I would actually really appriciate if you DID say something every time you force it, just because otherwise, a thread will just disappear as far as NNTP/SMTP users are concered. If you do let people know you moved it, then at least if I still (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Thanks, though the lecture is a bit of a waste, I'm afraid - I simply hit the "submit" button and then noticed all the newsgroups it was attached to. Sorry to one and all, but there wasn't any way for me to fix it myself at that point. ;-) (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)