 General / 48911
Re: The most valuable Lego sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Cary Clark wrote:
   I wonder if anyone skilled at data-mining could determine the most a set (or part) has sold for on BrickLink?

Does BL even store purchase history older than 6 months? Anyways, whatever the highest-priced BL part sale is, it’s probably eclipsed by the following part, which sold on eBay for $2050:

Granted, it’s only officially valued at something like $800, but it’s 14K solid gold and officially limited to 30 pieces, of which this is the only copy known to have hit the collectible market.

There is one other piece that actually stands a chance of being more valuable than Gary’s $4000 set, and that’s the solid platinum Mask of Light, of which there is only one official copy in existence. That I am aware of, the winner has not opted to sell it...yet.