 General / 48909
Re: The most valuable Lego sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In my upcoming Lego CD I mention what I consider to be the most valuable Lego
sets.  Until recently most AFOLs probably thought that the #398 USS
Constellation was the most valuable Lego set.
I am not a collector, but I assumed that 1593, the space-themed 'Super Model'
released in 1983, was the most valuable. BrickLink has sold one MISB for $1780,
and currently has one listed used for $1500. I recall one selling on eBay for
over $2500. I wonder if anyone skilled at data-mining could determine the most a
set (or part) has sold for on BrickLink?

Cary