 General / 48816
  Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild

Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild By Stephen Brown BILLUND, Denmark (Reuters) Aug.27, 2004 - After a day in LEGO® Danish heartland it seems so natural for the bellboy, pianist and maitre d' at LEGOLAND Hotel to be made of plastic bricks (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild

(...) Am I the only one who was shocked to read this? A quick perusal of LEGO catalogs from 1984--1994 shows clearly that TLG's core market was boys aged 6--12. What happened in the past ten years that shrunk TLC's core market by 29% and skewed it (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild

(...) I would guess video games. It's fairly easy to keep kids away from them before they start school, but once they do and hear of the games other kids are playing it becomes quite difficult. Maggie C. (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild

(...) That's one of the big things, but there's a much bigger variety of organized sports and other outdoor activities for kids these days. Computers/internet probably accounts for another big chunk of time, and just buying a basic computer costs (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Tough times in Toytown force LEGO® to rebuild

(...) (Snippage throughout) (...) Sorry for being a bit late in replying, but hey, this is cool! The guy emailed me a while back asking questions, but he never showed me the completed article. I feel so special right now ;-D ~Kevin (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)