 General / 48760
48759  |  48761
Subject:
LUG creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:20:14 GMT

Any How-to for creating a LUG ?

Where do you meet ?

Do you charge something ?

What are the usual/normal expense a LUG normally has ?

What are the services you provide to users (t-shirts, containers, special
bricks, literatures, etc) ?

Any suggestions for creating a name (rules, things to do, not to do) ?

Any suggestions for creating a logo (rules, things to do, not to do) ?

What are the activities you do when you meet ?

I guess it varies, but how many U is there in a LUG (in a city of half a million
people) ?

Any legal stuff to be concerned (Lego logo and names, Bricklink, Lugnet, etc...
names) ?

Do you bother creating a legal structure (president, secretary, etc...) ?

How do you advertise your presence ?

What about landing an interview on the local TV station, what material (image,
movies, DVD from Brickfest, DVD from Brickfilms) could/should I use ?

What are the services available to a LUG (web hosting, from Lego, etc...) ?

What do you recommend I do first if I want to create one LUG in my city (Quebec
City, Canada) ?

Feel free to add anything relevant, many thanks.