 General / 48597
Re: Friday Surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:58:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
Jake,

What an excellent Friday surprise.

Seems pretty clear that employees at Lego heard the plea for roof packs and
answered.

Green, brown & blue roof packs with these elements would be great too. But
the red and black elements are a great place to start.

Or at least the ones at LD did and pushed the necessary buttons.  ;)
And they're a great addition that will make roofbuilding better in the
basic colors, but I should ask:

Why are there no inside (concave) corners
What has happened to the auld, useful 2x2 convex/concave hybrid?

I agree on the clamor for "more colors" but having black and red
make for a pretty darn good start.  Kudos!

Agreed

I just looked at the shop.lego.com page, and found these (and 2 new train
sets!), but - I need 19 red concaves - why does TLC not make them, as well as
the small 2x2 top tile for those?
They would be very useful!

2x2 convex/concave hybrid - which?

One should keep in mind, that the roof is often the largest area on a building.

BR