 General / 48196
  downsizing

I am thinking that i might be able to enjoy my Lego again, build some if i had less of my Lego out. While i do not want to make a big project of the sorting of stuff to store, does anyone have suggestions on what to keep out? Has anyone else felt (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: downsizing

Hello, while I would not say I have too much Lego, I certainly have a chore in maintaining it all. So, what I do is keep one color out that I can work with. Try that. Also, I keep choice elements and parts out on my desk that I hope to use some day. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: downsizing

(...) I have just started reaching the point where it is a chore to store my LEGO, and I have been coming up with my own storage solutions given my space restrictions. The thing that faces me is that I have no one area reserved for LEGO building, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: downsizing

(...) I agree with Eric's comment about keeping a single colour out. I have roughly 1000 lbs of Lego in the basement room and have the following rough rules that I follow. 1) I keep my basic bricks (in basic colours RYBW) in large tubs so I can (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: downsizing

I think the idea is make a "working set" depending on what you like. Some sorted, some not. I keep a good amount of sorted Lego in 3 39-drawer cabinets. In these I am able to store a limited amount of plates and small parts of all colors. Most of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: downsizing

(...) ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: downsizing

(...) At one point I limited my collection to bricks made before 1987, which by the way was the last year a classic space set was made. The idea being I would have the same bricks as a kid and anything I built I could have built 20 or so years ago. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: downsizing

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HzqFvL.1650@lugnet.com... (...) had (...) store, does (...) his/herself? As someone with a very large collection, I can say that I have wondered if I would be better off with a smaller (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)