 General / 47951
Re: A request for everyone, regarding a pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:39:30 GMT

Does the Lugnet news server have a bot that deletes posts every now and
then? I see a lot of reply posts that no longer have the original posts.
Besides entire threads disappearing!

Why is that so?

- Ram -

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
If someone posts a link to a new MOC, would it be possible for replies to
include the link, too?  Maybe this is just me, but it vexes me when I see • a "hey
that's great" post, but the praise-post doesn't indicate the item being • praised.
For that matter, there are sometimes numerous sequential posts of praise, • none
of which contains the original link.  You have to click on a second, • third, or
fourth post to get to the praiseworthy MOC.

Thanks for listening.  Just venting.

Dave!