 General / 47786
  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Wait, where did it say you had some sort of god-given right to have a promotional item paid for by Maersk, an international shipping firm? That's right, too frickin bad. This isn't something moral like not selling HIV drugs to African (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

snip (...) snip > This vitriolic entitlement to Lego sets (and for that matter, perceived (...) I don't think anyone here expects them for free, and you are *wrong* about Velux selling the sets. They sell them on their web page: (URL) under (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I am fully aware Velux sells them online, now. But before they ever did (this was many years ago), I was told by this Velux staffer here in Toronto that they received literally a hundred calls about these little houses, first asking for them (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

I agree with you for the most part. I just felt I had to stick up for another fan who needed to let off a little steam and didn't need to be attacked for doing so. We are all fans here in some way or another aren't we? James (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Its not sad, its life. Or rather business. if you have a limited commodity, expect it. If you dodn't expect it, go back to business school. Sure its a toy, but a really popular toy. You think Lego fans are bad, what if they had an exclusive (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

In lugnet.general, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote: Oh, I'll take one more swing at this one, and I promise, I'll move this to the rtlToronto NG where we can snark privately :) (...) Yeah, but the company is not in the business of selling TOYS. To say (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)