 General / 47491
Re: Enough about colors already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 18:43:50 GMT

Yep, this got ugly in a hurry.

If truth be told, I can see why TLC did the color change. Here is my theory:

TLC felt that it should keep its lines fresh; TLC felt that a new vigor should
be fed into the toys is made. So, it came up with several ideas. 1) new sets at
new levels of imagination; such as the designer sets and the robotic sets. These
add new life while at the same time keeping with the age old TLC belief in
imagination. 2) new piecess. And, we have all seen the many new bricks and
pieces in recent years. 3) new colors. TLC isolated out the three colors that
had the least amount of pizazz. Black and White are basic. They are non-color
colors if you catch my drift. So, what colors are the dullest? Gray, Dark Gray,
and Brown. These three are the least livliest colors that Lego had going. But,
instead of scrapping them, they tweaked them a bit to make these colors a little
bit more appealing to the eye of a child (the primary market) who of course are
attracted to bright shiny things. The other colors are already bright by their
very nature. What was not anticipated was the AFOL's response as focus groups do
not include them. AFOL's are a  niche market compromising a small portion of
TLC's sales. Unless you talk about model trains, in which they are a large
portion.

Anyway, I think that is what TLC did when they changed the colors.

And, I think that this whole situation got real ugly real quick, and I think
Jake (being a human being with a normal human tolerance level) should not be
looked down upon if he decides to ask for a transfer after all of this. The only
insults that I have not seen thrown at the poor guy, who is only a PR
spokesperson and not a decision maker, is an insult about his uncle being a goat
herder.

My apologies to all goat herders, it's a Greek thing.

Avery