 General / 47348
    Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —J. Spencer Rezkalla
   (...) Why do kids have to actually note a color change between versions A & B for it to be a worthwhile product enhancement? Do most kids buy multiple copies of the same set and compare them? So what if the gray doesn't quite match their older (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —Elroy Davis
     (...) I wish people would stop talking about children like they are idiots. My 8 year-old *has* noticed the change, and she *has* asked me about it. She brought it to my attention, not the other way around. Does she buy multiple copies of the same (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —Marc Nelson, Jr.
   (...) Why not change old gray to pink then? You are saying that kids don't care about color, but the color change was still an improvement? (...) I'm really not buying that the subtle, subliminal appeal of the new colors to kids will outweigh the (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —Jeff Shiner
     (...) I think you may be missing some subtilty in the argument here. My son may be a good example of this. He is definitely drawn to certain colours and exciting images when shopping. However... when building his own creations he does not seem to (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —Tim David
     (...) When I was young my Lego buddy was like this, colour didn't matter, it was the shape and technical abilities of the model he was interested in, for myself the colour was an important element in designing a model. I think Kids just vary. (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —J. Spencer Rezkalla
   (...) I didn't say children don't care about color or are incapable of noticing a color change. My response is to those who question: if the color change is really an improvement then why Lego doesn't hype the color change to their target market in (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake did good Thanks!! —Jeff Findley
   (...) 2004 Lego Harry Potter, Now with new, improved colors! That sounds silly. This is more like when food companies put dye in their products to make them look better. They don't tell the customer outright, but if you look carefully at the (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)