 General / 46914
46913  |  46915
Subject:
Plasti-Dipping parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:54:57 GMT

First off, how come there is no lugnet.mod?? :) I bet Rob would just love it.

Anyway...my question of the day is: has anyone ever used something like Plasti-Dip to coat their parts for better grip (like wheel rims or grabbers)?

I’m working on a project that involves creating a rather wide hand that has only about a half-inch of depth on the item to grab and it needs to be able to grab it very securely. I’m not a Purist, but I want to know if anybody else has tried it and if so, with what results, before I go try it myself.

Specifically, does it come off afterward, does it grip the part well (since the parts are so smooth, I wonder if it’s an issue) and does it increase the friction like a big hunk of rubber ought to? :)

Thanks,

-Mike