 General / 46927
Re: Blogs (Was - Re: Plasti-Dipping parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:40:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

For that matter, does anyone else in the community have a blog?

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Webmaster - BIP
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com

My new page is currently floating about in limbo, as I’m in the middle of preparing for my boss to leave for a few weeks, moving to a new apartment, and attempting to fit a birthday somewhere in there. However, once it gets finished, I’ll send you a link.

The concept was that I was working with some Flash pages as a design study on effective ways to have a site “build” itself without needing to sit through a big preliminary or intro every time you visit it. It would be a more freeform idea, as the site would become more complex and indepth as you ventured farther in, occassionally breaking down some to reduce clutter. Well, my first attempt centered around Tetris, and it didn’t quite work. Somehow I managed to make it a month into the project before I was playing the Brickgame on the LEGO site and it just hit me. So I’ll have my little interactive LEGO-themed page up sometime soon.

Obviously, there are some webdesigners out there, given the number of pages dedicated to the hobby, but has anyone else have a site that may not be centered on LEGO or building as a hobby, but still has the theme? Any one just make any funky designs I could compare?