 General / 4670
Re: missing pieces for Lego 6385 Please help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:12:39 GMT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:30:26 GMT, "Ruth Wright" <rab1@post.queensu.ca>
wrote:

Hi This is my first time posting on the newsgroup so please be patient and let
me know if I have done something wrong.

Hi, Ruth!

My son recently was the fortunate recepient of Lego 6385 Fire House 1 from
1985.  Unfortunately a couple of key pieces are missing.  If anyone has these
pieces for sale or knows where I might acquire them I would appreciate any
information on how to acquire the needed pieces to complete the set.

Wow, what a great set.  Lucky kid. :)

The pieces are   -  2 clear garage door parts.
                -  1 blue 1 x 4 x 3 window with window pane.

Hmm. Those roller doors are rare these days -- they haven't been produced
at all in several years.

Have you tried calling LEGO Consumer Affairs?  They can sometimes replace
lost pieces.  1985 was awhile ago, so they might not have the pieces but
it's worth a call.  The Canada CA office can be reached at 1-800-267-5346
ext. 444.

You might also try posting your message in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade.
Someone might be able to help you out.

Steve