 General / 46652
Re: Medium Blue alongside Gray in 4728 Privet Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:
<snip>
Most of what you're seeing in the odd color look is the fact that the blue and
grey have pretty similar color value (i.e. they're in the same range of a
light/dark scale), but they're not the same color.  Any medium value color will
look odd with light-grey (orange, lime green, tan, most "sand" colors), but
significantly lighter colors (yellow, white) or darker colors (any primary, any
"dark" color, purple, black) have a big enough gap in color value that they
don't have that same visual "hum" that this blue/grey mix has.  Of course, then
you get into the question of whether the colors clash or not (like this blue and
dark-red).

That makes a lot of sense to me.  I really like the combination of these
mid-tone values when they are next to the darker colors.  Like tan/brown and
this medium blue/blue (not necessarily in the car model, as another post pointed
out, there was a reson for using gray, I just didn't like the "hum" of the two
values together - maybe chrome would have been better?).  About the only color I
don't like is the sand red.  Something about it bugs me and I am glad I do nt
have any.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com