 General / 46630
Re: Medium Blue alongside Gray in 4728 Privet Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
I just built the car from 4728 Privet drive this past weekend:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4728

It was my first experience with the new medium blue color.  I think this is a
fantastic new color and I really like how it complements regular blue.  I do
have to say that it doesn't seem to match traditional gray very well.  The car
model (besides being probably the ugliest car ever produced in a set) uses the
gray and medium blue together and I think its effect is visually jarring.  Does
anyone else agree that this color combination is unpleasant?

Am I correct in saying that regular gray is NOT one of the colors being shifted?
It's just dark gray and light gray?  I'm curious, because if regular gray IS
being shifted, I'd like to see it next to medium blue to see if the supposed
shifting to get the grays more in line with the other colors makes a difference
in this case.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com

Sorry Tom but what you're calling regular gray is gone. I don't buy your
arguments in general either. The model of the Ford was for a 6-wide Lego model a
remarkable piece of work. For the scale it looks very much like the original.
Plus it uses SNOT. The grey in this model is supposed to represent steel. Making
the car 2 diffrent shades of blue might look pretty but it dosn't do anything to
make it a better representation of the original.-Ken