 General / 45571
Re: Question about BFPDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allister McLaren wrote:
Did everyone go home happy?

Nope!  Not the fault of anyone associated with Brickfest, they all did a great
job and I had a wonderful time in rainy Portland.

I'm upset that the Lego company can be so stupid!
<<...>>

Oh well, I guess I could start builing an HO scale train layout, that way I
don't have to worry about the whims of some nameless faceless person deciding that my work over the last several years is worthless.

Okay, I'll bite. As I have both a large LEGO collection and a model railroad
collection (N-scale), I can tell you this: In the little trains industry, nobody
from the suppliers even thinks about what YOU want! Heck, the american train
market is dominated by three or four companies who basically tell you "Look, we
are going to bring out this model in 6 months. Order it now (without a picture,
only a drawing), because we sure ain't gonna make enough models for everybody
who may want one". Too often I had to pre-order a locomotive, only to discover
that by the time I received it (a year later!) that it was nothing like the
drawings that were on the manufactorurs website.

So in short: if you want to keep bashing at a company who actually listens to
it's customers (Duplo is back!, Make&Create is like getting basic bricks that
everybody wants), don't come with arguments about other hobbies that simply just
prove that you are not thinking about this carefully.

Also: the old dark grey was boo-ed and trashed when it first emerged - by the
same people who now take EVERY <censored> opertunity to whine about loosing that
same dark grey. Go figure..

Anybody want to buy a 400,000+ piece collection of Lego bricks?
Sure I would.
Here's another one: anybody want to trade their new greys to my old greys?
Brick-for-brick I'll trade! You see, the light greys look the same in my lego
room and I like the new dark grey better than the old dark grey. So, if you want
old grey, just send the new ones to me and I'll return old ones 1 vs 1.

JohnG, GMLTC (for now)

/\/\ark "I thought it was about BFPDX, but should've known that this thread also
was hijacked by the color-whiners"de Kock